I love to write and I love connecting with so many awesome people through my blog all the time. However today as I am sitting here writing this post I am feeling what I can only explain as blogger burn out. I’ve been running my website since February 2018 and I love running my blog. However I have noticed this past week has been a challenge to even put my thoughts together. Writing anything in a way that is even understandable and beneficial just doesn’t seem to be coming easily. I’m struggling with something that I really believe is so common among bloggers and writers in general.
Why does burnout happen?
I believe burn out results from various things and has a broad range of causes and effects. For me blogger burn out seems to be related to my full time job and running the blog and the pressures that come from both. Blogging for me is only a hobby at this point and was started as a way to hopefully help others through my struggles. Many people feel burn out due to the pressure they feel to produce great content and the lack of time or inspiration they have to produce this content. As I was sitting here thinking about the goal of my blog being to help others I realized that this is another opportunity to do just that. To let my fellow bloggers know that they are not alone and that I can relate to their struggles. This is just another reason that supporting other bloggers is so important and why we need to help each other through encouragement. This type of encouragement keeps us going in a way that nothing else can encourage us. To all the bloggers that provide this for me all the time, Thank you! You make such a huge difference in me continuing my blog and loving what I do with Saving joyfully.
What can I do to resolve blogger burnout?
This is definitely individualized to each person. Since bloggers burn out for very different reasons the resolution will not be the same either. Here are a few things that you can try that might help you out.
- Step back and focus on you more. Go to the gym, do something you love besides blogging.
- Be kind to yourself and recognize your limitations. Stop putting unnecessary pressure on yourself. You can’t help anyone when you can’t help yourself.
- Stop accepting or creating projects that restrict your creativity. Write about what you are good at and what comes naturally to you.
- Allow yourself to share your honest thoughts and feelings. These may help someone just as much. You never know who else is struggling with the same thing today.
- Reach out to other bloggers who can relate and share your struggles
- Listen to this episode of my favorite podcast How to stay inspired and avoid blogger burnout
These are just a few things I have been dealing with over the last week and my thoughts on them. I just wanted other bloggers struggling with some of these same things to know they are not alone. Please remember that you matter just as much as the people you help with your website. If you would like to share your thoughts and what you use to combat blogger burn out I welcome your thoughts and advice in the comments below or by email at [email protected]